Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 2

It was a success! I went to the new YTTP in Williamsburg for Bikram. The new studio is so nice. I thought it would be a short commute there, but it took a little long than I was expecting. It's about a 15 minute subway ride and a 10 minute walk there. By no means the longest, but when you consider that the class is 90 min long, you definitely take up a good part of your day. I left around 3:30 for a 4:30 class, because I wasn't exactly sure where the studio was and got there in plenty of time. The studio is so shiny new; I love it!

I think it was my best Bikram class ever. I didn't have to take any breaks, which was for sure a first for me. I only felt slightly nauseous during the more difficult postures. It feels good to get back to a Bikram class. I don't think I'll be doing it TOO often, mostly for financial reasons. It's way more expensive than my normal vinyasa class. But part of this challenge is to try out new yoga studios, so I will have to invest a bit of money. I'm ok with that. My biggest challenge continues to be balancing postures. I'm not sure if it's my scoliosis, or if I'm just naturally not good at balancing. I hope in the next month, I can go to some advanced classes and focus on inversions and balancing. I'm sure dropping a few pounds would really help too.

I still sort of can't believe I have 28 more days of yoga ahead of me. I think this blog might be the only thing that keeps me sane. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment